Monday, September 1, 2014

Love This


[UPDATE: Sorry to say, it looks like Argus Radio has taken down the video of the I-270 protest. I don't see it anywhere on the site. Too bad. It was pretty good. Nevertheless, there's still lots of stuff there. It's a primary resource.]

Video of the protest in St. Louis, shutting down I-270 today for four and a half minutes in honor of Michael Brown. Worked like a charm. The stoppage starts around 13 minutes into the video.

There were said to be similar direct actions elsewhere at the same time, though I haven't seen reports yet. Mustafa Hussein claimed that the local media in St. Louis claimed that the protest had been canceled. Well, they were wrong.

So far as I could tell, there were no arrests though police did arrive just as the protest was dispersing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Interesting: Don't know what happened, but the embed I originally posted turned into something else when the site was updated. Odd. This is the link to the "I am Mike Brown Live from Ferguson, MO" page where all the Argus Radio videos are archived. http://new.livestream.com/accounts/9035483/events/3271930

There's a lot of good stuff there that you won't find anywhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment